- watching a 1977 george carlin concert. it was an HBO special. Didn't know HBO was that old. a very good wikipedia article on this, apparently HBO was founded by Charles Dolan in 1972.
- things cook really really fast when you cook them at 700 degrees.
- my last golf shot today on the braemar par 3 course was the best 6 iron I ever hit in my life, about 10 yards over the 9th green. wish every golf shot felt that good.
- my new favorite quote -- "You got what you brought"
- people share why too much information in their facebook status. XXX is recovering from a bad day. who on earth are you that you are asking all of your friends and acquaintances for some pity. who does that?
|Poker Source Online Free Poker gifts sound too good to be true? It's not! Pick from a dozen online poker rooms!|
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Posted by Mark at 7:12 PM
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
wifey and i ate at Graham Elliot this weekend. a few thoughts.
- Service was outstanding and without pretense. The crowd was very different than Avenues, much younger and more familes as well which we really enjoyed.
- Loved the decor as well; nice open space with well spaced tables
On to the food. Overall, everything was at least good and the small dishes in general were a bit better than the large ones. When we go back,
- Gnocchi-- best I have ever had (and I order it alot); pearl onions and cheese helped make the dish with perfectly cooked potatoes.
- Rissotto-- best in class as well; rice cooked perfectly and the bacon gives good flavor without overpowering the dish
Very, Very Good:
- Buffalo chicken with beer foam: great inventive twist on wings. Chicken perfectly done in the middle with a spicy sauce that doesn't overpower. The blue cheese with celery pieces was a good touch.
- Mahi Mahi: very good as well with pineapple salsa and bok choy cooked perfectly. Presentation on this and all of the other main dishes needed some work IMHO. Everything stacked together isn't a good approach when you have such good distinct flavors.
- Pork chop: As mentioned before; huge portion with very good flavor.
- the truffle popcorn: GE could make a fortune by bagging and selling this. truly addicting. we probably filled up a bit too much on this
Needs a Little Tweaking
- The Caesar Salad. The brioche got changed up a bit on this version of Avenues BLT dish. GE, please bring the old dish back
Posted by Mark at 9:57 PM
you'd be shocked at the kind of workout you can get form WiiFit.
Posted by Mark at 7:44 AM