why doesn't badminton get more coverage on the olympics. some things to consider.
1) Most people have actually played badminton at some point in their lives, whether at a backyard BBQ or gym class. (Can't say that about synchronized swimming.)
2) Fast paced action. (can't say that about cycling or distance running)
3) People actually can understand the rules. (Can't say that about gymastics or international basketball)
4) People can actually understand the scoring system. (Can't say that about gymnastics or diving)
5) The entire sport revolved around a cock.
6) Lots of androgenous looking asian athletes. You can play a game of "He or She" while watching.
All in all a jolly good time.